Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Photography Contest Entry at "Beloved Star"

I thought it might be fun to enter a portrait into Nela's photography contest over at 


This is my Papaw Dave.
This photo was taken one year after he survived as one of the oldest men to receive a multivisceral transplant to remove a cancerous tumor that was wrapped around his major vital organs.
 This photo is not great technically but it's one of my favorite shots ever because of what it means to me. My grandpa loved going to the fair and this was the last time we went as a family. Here he's wearing his favorite hat, and his cherry shirt that he got from Michigan, where he fondly visited so often.
At the time he didn't know I was taking this picture, and I didn't know that this would be such a powerful memory. 
I thank God for that one year because he passed away six months later.
Love and Miss you Gramps.
<3




3 comments:

  1. Everytime I see this photo in your and Lee's room, I just think how beautiful it is. :)
    And it truly is. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...the story behind this photo...very incredible.

    Such a blessed shot, and photo that's definitely worth a thousand words. Thank-you so much for entering, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete